Skip to main content

Featured

The Lacy Spring Scarf - Beginner

Hello, everyone! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I am so grateful for each and every one of you. ❤️  This scarf pattern I am going to share with you is something I freehanded randomly a couple of years ago. I unearthed it recently, while going through my stash, and I was struck by how gorgeous it was. Has that ever happened to you? 🤔 This scarf is meant to be made with mini skeins or scrap yarn that is too gorgeous to throw away, but doesn't have enough yardage to add to a large project. This one was made with mini skeins. This one was made with scrap yarn. The purple variegated is left over yarn from an indie dyer who closed up shop. The blue is left over from my Jeans and Lace Shawl, which can be found here:   https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/jeans-and-lace-shawl I love mini skeins, but their lack of yardage makes it very difficult to figure out what to do with them. Creating a lace pattern allows you to get more size for your yardage. This scarf takes four, but

Simple Pillow Covers - Beginner


Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! This is my first ever blog post, and I am so excited to expand my pattern offerings. I hope you love all the things I have in store for you!

First up, Pillow Covers. This may or may not have been inspired by my actual need for pillow covers. The ones on our couch have been looking a bit worn out and ratty, but are otherwise still usable. No sense throwing them out, right? 

I love having simple, modern looking decor. I find busy decor patterns to be a bit stressful, so these simple covers are just perfect. I made mine brown, to match my couch and the chevron blanket that I had made a few years ago. (Leave a comment, if you would like a pattern for that one.)

This pattern is completely adjustable, so you can make it for any size pillow you like. The sample and instructions are for a 16" x 16" pillow. If you have a larger or smaller one, adjusting your starting chain will increase the width of your pillow cover. Adding extra rows will increase the length.

This project is also completely no sew (excluding ends). I understand some things need to be sewn, but I personally love it when a pattern requires no sewing.

Let's move on to the pattern now, shall we?

Click this link to watch the YouTube video tutorial: https://youtu.be/qrFm7_ltwC0

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 



Yarn used: Red Heart Super Saver in Coffee

Hook Size: US size H/5 mm

Approximate Yardage Needed (this will vary, if pattern is adjusted): 450 yds/412 m

Gauge: 14 sts x 10 rows = 4" x 4" (10 cm x 10 cm)

Use this gauge to figure out the starting chain and the amount of rows needed to get your desired width and height. My pillow is 16" x 16", so I multiplied the number of stitches across and the number of rows high by 4 to figure out that I need 56 stitches across and 40 rows high. Multiply them by 3 to get a 12" x 12", by 5 to get a 20" x 20", etc.

Tools/Notions: Yarn Needle for sewing in ends, Scissors

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Abbreviations:

ch- chain

hdc- half double crochet

rep- repeat

ss- slip stitch

st(s)- stitch(es)

Special:

hdc  through both panels: yarn over, insert hook through the front side of the work, push through the same st on both panels, yarn over, pull through both panels, yarn over, pull through 3 loops on hook

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Panels (Make 2)

ch 57 (or number of sts needed + 1)

Row 1: 1 hdc in second ch from hook, 1 hdc in each ch across to end, turn (56 hdc)

Row 2: ch 1 (does not count as a st), 1 hdc in the first st, 1 hdc in each st across to end, turn (56 hdc)

Rows 3-40: Rep Row 2.

Do not cut your yarn after making the second panel. We will use this yarn to crochet the panels together and create a border.

Border

Lay your panels flat together and line them up so the top, sides, and bottom of one panel are lined up with the same of the other panel. The panel with the yarn still attached should be facing you, with the other panel behind it. Working on the side of the panel, each row is considered a st, since there are no actual sts. Make your sts along the side looser, to keep the square shape.

Row 1:  ch 1, *1 hdc through both panels in first st and in each st until 1 st remains on side, 3 hdc through both panels in last st of the side, turn work to work the next side,* rep from * to * until end, ss in top of the first st, do not turn (200 hdc)

Row 2: ch 1, *1 hdc in the first st and in each st across the side until the 3 hdc cluster of the previous row, (1 hdc, 3 hdc, 1 hdc) across the cluster of the previous row, turn work to work the next side,* rep from * to * until end, ss in top of the first st (208 hdc)

Cut yarn and sew in ends.

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy your pillow!

If you make this pattern and post it on social media, please tag me, so I can see your work!


Facebook: /thecrochetingcarr
Instagram: @the_crocheting_carr



Comments

Popular Posts